We love bruschetta and it’s a perfect appetizer for all those tasty tomatoes you grew, but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up! Chef Art twists the flavors of bruschetta into a delicious bruschetta chicken sandwich that’ll become a staple rotation in your dinner line-up. Grab your gardening gloves and let’s gather some ingredients.
4 4-6 oz. Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 Brioche Buns
8 oz. Parmesan Cheese, Fresh shaved or grated
2 C. Olive Oil
1 C. Balsamic Vinegar
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp. Basil, Dry
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
Fresh Basil, chiffonade
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Preparation – Balsamic Marinade
1. In a mixing bowl (stainless, ceramic, glass, or metal) place the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dry basil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
2. Mix with a whisk until well blended.
3. Set aside ¼ cup for later use.
4. Submerge chicken in marinade ensuring complete coverage and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes – 2 hours.
Preparation – Chicken Sandwich
1. While chicken is marinating, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and reduce by half. Once done set aside in the fridge.
2. Remove chicken from the marinade wiping off the excess.
3. Place the chicken on the grill and turn 90 degrees after 2 minutes, to make a diamond grill pattern.
4. Flip chicken when the edges show signs of cooking by turning color and firming a bit. Turn 2 minutes after flipping and add cheese to the chicken to melt.
5. Grilling should take about 3-4 minutes on each side but could be a bit longer if you have thicker chicken. Look for clear fluids and an internal temperature of 165 degrees to ensure doneness.
6. While chicken is cooking, smear a bit of oil on the buns and toast on the grill for about a minute or less.
7. Add lettuce and tomato to the bottom of your perfectly toasted buns.
8. Add your grilled masterpiece to your sandwich and place a generous amount of the chiffonade basil on top of your chicken.
9. Finally, drizzle the reduced marinade over the top and enjoy!
This is not your average chicken sandwich and your taste buds (and family) will be asking you to perfect your grill lines every week! We’d love to see your masterpiece. Share your photos by using #FourWindsCasino or emailing photos to email@example.com. Tune in to more Cooking Creations on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step by step videos.
Your email address and W♣ Card number will not be displayed with your comment.