Every day we receive guest compliments on the food in the Four Winds Casinos restaurants, and one of the most loved foods is our desserts. So we asked Chef Drew, our Head Pastry Chef, to create a simple and delicious dessert that you can make from home.
Give it a try and let us know what you think! If you want to share photos of your masterpiece, email them to email@example.com and we could feature them on Facebook!
1) Combine the sugar and water in a sauce pot.
2) Add the corn syrup and put over high heat and cook to a light caramel.
3) Carefully pour into a 6 inch cake pan or silicone cake mold.
4) Allow to cool to room temperature.
1) Soften the almond paste using the paddle attachment on a mixer.
2) Slowly add the butter in pieces.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between additions.
4) Add the flour and vanilla.
1) Allow the puff pastry to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
2) Cut two circles of puff pastry slightly smaller than the size of the cake pan then freeze.
3) Peel the peaches and slice into thick wedges.
4) Arrange the peaches on the caramel and pack them in tightly.
5) Spread apricot jam on one of the puff pastry circles and sandwich the second on top.
6) Spread almond cream on the top circle of puff pastry and invert onto the peaches.
7) Bake at 350ºF for 50-60 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
8) Place a plate over the cake pan and carefully flip over to serve.
Four Winds New Buffalo boasts some of the finest restaurants in New Buffalo, Michigan and the surrounding area. Just a short drive from Chicago and South Bend, Indiana, Four Winds New Buffalo offers fine dining at Copper Rock Steakhouse, an incomparable buffet, Southwest Michigan's only Hard Rock Cafe and our popular Timbers Fast Food & Deli.
Your email address and W♣ Card number will not be displayed with your comment.