Tips For Planning Your Wedding
Date of Post: Mar 20, 2015
Are you planning a wedding and getting stressed over the tedious decisions? Join us January 28, 2018 for the Lucky Bride event at Four Winds New Buffalo for ideas for your perfect day. Until then, here are a few tips for selecting a venue, implementing your vision, and deciding what to offer for dinner.
It is important to start looking for your venue early to ensure availability and options. When looking for a location keep in mind the following:
- Space – Does the venue have ample room for all your guests? Does the space have a stage for a band or entertainment? Are there handicap accessible doors and bathrooms? Does the location have an area for both the ceremony and the reception?
- Décor – Is the venue’s décor tasteful and complimentary to your vision, or is it a clean slate to easily transform to your desired theme?
- Parking – Is there ample parking options for guests?
- Technology – Is there electric, microphones, and/or speaker systems available for use?
- Services – Does the location offer on-site catering, have connections with local florists and entertainment, or do they offer planning services?
- Added Value – Does the venue offer hotel rooms or transportation to local hotels? Is there an all inclusive package, or do you have to find multiple vendors? Will the venue offer set-up/tear-down assistance? Does the venue have an inclement weather backup?
After you have found the perfect place, you can now start planning and piecing together the details to make your day unique. At Four Winds we pride ourselves in assisting our guests through the planning process including vendor and event set-up, as well as decoration preparation and execution.
- Theme – Are you going rustic, beach themed, carnival or black-tie?
- Details – After you decide on your theme, decide on the perfect table decorations, save the dates, and linens.
- Flowers – Do you want real or silk flowers? Do you want flowers included in your reception décor?
- Setting – Decide where you want the tables and bar, and how do you want the room to look.
- Photographer – Be sure to provide the photographer a list of shots you do not want them to miss. Additionally, decide where you would like to have your photos taken, such as a garden, on the beach, or in front of a fireplace.
- Setting Up – Are you or the venue setting up your decorations? Plan the set up of decorations and food.
Now that your vision is coming together, ensure your hors d’oeuvres, dessert, dinner, and presentation are completed to perfection. At Four Winds Casinos we have a full Culinary staff to help make your entrees and desserts delectable.
- Hors d’oeuvres – Are you having a long break in-between the ceremony and reception? If so, you may want to provide a more robust appetizer than cheese and crackers. You can provide hors d’oeuvres during a cocktail hour to expand upon your theme. For example; offer shrimp and crab cakes for a beach theme.
- Main Entrée – When deciding on your main entrée keep in mind these 4 things:
- Are you going to have a buffet, family style or sit-down dinner?
- If you are having a plated service, would you like a standard option or would you like guests to choose from a few options?
- Are your guests vegetarian or do they have food allergies?
- Have you included some of your favorites because it is your day after all?
- Dessert – Dessert tends to fall on the back burner when planning, however here are a few tips to keep you on track:
- Do you want a cake or another type of dessert?
- Are you having a cake cutting ceremony? If so, who is going to cut and distribute the remaining cake?
- Are you or the venue passing out the dessert or will the guests have to retrieve a piece themselves?
- Are you going to offer a dessert table with some of your guests’ favorites?
- Late Night Snack – After a few hours of dancing you and your guests may have worked up an appetite. With a full kitchen and staff, we can assist with a surprise pizza bar for a late night snack.
These are just a few tips to get you started on your wedding planning. If you are looking for a venue that not only has a beautiful appearance, but offers full food and entertainment options, as well as a helping hand in the planning process Four Winds Casinos is a great option. To start planning your event at Four Winds Casinos or for more information, please contact our Sales Team.