The Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians’ Four Winds® Casinos are pleased to announce upcoming events to celebrate the holidays. Guests can see an oversized Gingerbread Village at Four Winds New Buffalo® and Four Winds South Bend®. Inspired by the 1940s and ‘50s, the villages were created from roughly 1580 pounds of gingerbread. The villages’ houses and businesses contain 415 pounds of royal icing, 660 pounds of sugar, 80 pounds of chocolate and are decorated with 24 varieties of candy.
“More than a dozen people worked on the two Gingerbread Villages for about 200 hours,” said Jennifer Lasiewicz, Vice President of Food and Beverage at Four Winds Casinos. “The Village’s construction was led by our culinary and facilities teams. This is a fun way for our team to show off their skills for the benefit of our guests.”
The Gingerbread Villages will be on display through December 26.
Entertainment for the holidays includes two performances of the Christmas Wonderland Holiday Spectacular. This critically acclaimed holiday stage show features glittering costumes with a cast of singers and dancers from London and New York. With spectacular sets and scenery, the show parades its way through the wonder of Christmas and the excitement of the holiday season. Performances are Saturday, December 15 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, December 16 at 5 p.m.
Entertainment continues on Friday, December 28, when Styx performs a concert at 9 p.m. in Silver Creek Event Center.
Other highlights of the holidays include:
New Year’s Eve Dining and Entertainment
For the New Year’s holiday, all Four Winds® locations will be transformed into a Copacabana-themed party complete with showgirls, banana trees, salsa, samba, and party favors. In addition, multiple drawings will take place, for a total of $115,000 in cash and Instant Credit prizes.
• Hard Rock Four Winds – New Year’s Eve at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds includes the band PS Dump Your Boyfriend taking the Hard Rock stage at 11 p.m. It will be a festive night of dancing, spirits and more. $10 cover starting at 11 p.m. ET. Complimentary admission for Copper Tier members. Hotel and Dinner packages are also available by calling 1-866-4WINDS1.
• The Buffet at Four Winds South Bend – Guests can enjoy a buffet feast at Four Winds South Bend with a lavish selection of entrees from around the globe, featuring prime rib and shrimp and delicious desserts. The Buffet is open from noon – 11 p.m. All day pricing is $24 for those age 13 and over; $12 for ages 4 through 12. Whole Steamed Lobster or Snow Crab Leg Cluster can be added for $8 each.
• The Buffet at New Buffalo – Guests can enjoy an extraordinary selection of entrees from around the globe including featured lobster specials, crab legs, prime rib, and a luscious array of desserts like homestyle fudge and a flowing chocolate fountain. The Buffet at Four Winds is open from noon – 1 a.m. All day pricing is $50 for those age 13 and over; $25 for ages 4 through 12.
New Year’s Day Dining
• New Years Day Buffet at Four Winds New Buffalo – After a night of celebrating the New Year, enjoy our succulent prime rib and all you can eat shrimp plus all of your traditional buffet favorites. Top off this great meal with a variety of delicious desserts. The Prime Rib and Shrimp Feast is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. All day pricing is $32 for those age 13 and over; $16 for ages 4 through 12.
• New Year’s Day Buffet at Four Winds South Bend – Guests can enjoy our International Buffet featuring your traditional buffet favorites. Top off this great meal with a variety of delicious desserts. The Buffet is open from noon to 8 p.m.
Guests can win a share of over $115,000 in cash prizes in Four Winds Casinos New Year’s drawings. W♣
members receive one free entry daily December 9 through January 1 by visiting any promotional kiosk at Four Winds New Buffalo, Four Winds South Bend, Four Winds Hartford or Four Winds Dowagiac. Earn additional entries by playing slots or table games with their W♣ Players Club. All Four Winds Casino events and prize giveaways follow Eastern Time.
• Monday December 31, 2018 –Starting at noon, two winners will walk away with $2,500 in cash. Each hour from 1 – 5 p.m., we will select two W♣ members to each win $2,019 in cash. Then at 6 p.m., a lucky guest will walk away with a $5,000 cash prize.
• Tuesday, January 1, 2019 — At 1 a.m., one lucky winner will walk away with $20,000, a cool $10,000 at 2 a.m. and a $5,000 cash prize at 3 a.m. From 2 – 8 p.m., guests can win even more in the New Year. Hourly cash drawings on New Year’s Day from 2 – 8 p.m. when five lucky guests will win $1,000 in cash at 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Two winners of $5,000 will be selected at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. At 8 p.m., one winner will walk away with a $10,000 cash prize.
View images of the Four Winds South Bend and Four Winds New Buffalo Gingerbread Houses.
About The Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians
The Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians’ sovereignty was reaffirmed under legislation signed into law by President Clinton in September of 1994. The Pokagon Band is dedicated to providing community development initiatives such as housing, education, family services, medical care and cultural preservation for its approximately 5,000 citizens. The Pokagon Band’s ten-county service area includes four counties in Southwestern Michigan and six in Northern Indiana. Its main administrative offices are located in Dowagiac, Mich., with a satellite office in South Bend, Ind. In 2007, it opened Four Winds Casino Resort in New Buffalo, Mich., followed by Four Winds Hartford in 2011 and Four Winds Dowagiac in 2013. Four Winds South Bend opened January 16, 2018. It owns and operates a variety of business via Mno-Bmadsen, the tribe’s non-gaming investment enterprise. More information is available at
www.pokagonband-nsn.gov, www.fourwindscasino.com and www.mno-bmadsen.com.
About Four Winds Casinos
Four Winds New Buffalo, located at 11111 Wilson Road in New Buffalo, Mich., Four Winds Hartford®,
located at 68600 Red Arrow Highway in Hartford, Mich., Four Winds Dowagiac®, located at 58700 M-51
South in Dowagiac, Mich., and Four Winds South Bend, located at 3000 Prairie Road in South Bend, Ind.,
are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians. Four Winds New Buffalo offers nearly 125,000
square feet of gaming with more than 2,500 slot machines, 50 table games, five restaurants, entertainment bars, retail venues, a pool, and a 415-room hotel, making it the premier gaming resort in the Midwest. Four Winds Hartford features more than 500 slot machines, eight table games, a 74-seat restaurant, and a 15-seat bar. Four Winds Dowagiac features 400 slot machines, seven table games and one restaurant. Four Winds South Bend has over 56,000 square feet of gaming space, 1,600 games, four restaurants, three bars, a players lounge, a coffee shop, a retail outlet and a poker room. Please play responsibly. You must be 21 years of age to gamble. For more information on Four Winds Casinos, please call 1-(866)-4WINDS1 (866-494-6371) or visit www.fourwindscasino.com. Additionally, be sure to like Four Winds Casinos on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fourwindscasino and follow on Twitter at
Melinda Pierce, Big Idea Company, (574) 257-4332, email@example.com
Jill Klinedinst, Big Idea Company, (574) 257-4332, firstname.lastname@example.org