NEW BUFFALO, Mich. – May 16, 2012 – The Four Winds Invitational, a new tournament on the 2012 Symetra Tour — Road to the LPGA, sponsored by Four Winds Casinos, announced today that tickets will go on sale on Friday, June 1 at the Four Winds Invitational Web site, www.fourwindsinvitational.com, and at 49 McDonald’s locations in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. Additionally, those interested in volunteering to support the tournament can fill out an application on the Web site to become a caddie, cart driver, sign builder, driving range assistant, food and beverage server, main gate and parking attendant, marshal, spotter or scorer. The Four Winds Invitational will be held from Friday, August 10 through Sunday, August 12, at the Blackthorn Golf Club in South Bend, Ind.
“Four Winds Casinos is proud to partner with the LPGA and Blackthorn Golf Club to bring the Four Winds Invitational to South Bend and offer area residents a chance to watch the athletes of the Symetra Tour,” said Matt Harkness, General Manager of Four Winds Casinos.
Matt Wesaw, Chairman of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians added, “In addition to naming Memorial Children’s Hospital as a major beneficiary of the tournament, we are also extremely pleased to announce that proceeds from ticket sales will go to the Ronald McDonald Family Room located within Memorial Hospital. It is a private oasis that helps ease the stress for families of seriously ill children who are receiving medical care at Memorial Children’s Hospital.”
“Whether you plan to purchase a ticket, volunteer your time, or entertain a large group at one of the available hospitality suites, there are a lot of ways to get involved and support the event,” said Tim Firestone, General Manager, Blackthorn Golf Club.
General admission tickets to the Four Winds Invitational are available for $10 per round and will go on sale on Friday, June 1 at the Four Winds Invitational Web site and at 49 McDonald’s locations in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. Free admission will be provided to children age 15 and under, who are accompanied by a ticketed adult. The following is a list of participating McDonald’s locations where tickets may be purchased:
• 10450 State Road 10, Argos, Ind.
• 1435 W. Plymouth Street, Bremen, Ind.
• 130 N. Main Street, Elkhart, Ind.
• 1430 S. Nappanee Street, Elkhart, Ind.
• 2808 N. Cassopolis Street, Elkhart, Ind.
• 3429 S. Main Street, Elkhart, Ind.
• 21879 State Road 120, Elkhart, Ind.
• 30830 Old U.S. 20, Elkhart, Ind.
• 1706 Elkhart Road, Goshen, Ind.
• 2001 Lincolnway East, Goshen, Ind.
• 12880 SR 23, Granger, Ind.
• 1411 S. Heaton Street, Knox, Ind.
• 615 South Detroit Street, LaGrange, Ind.
• S. Main Street, Middlebury, Ind.
• 1011 W. McKinley Avenue, Mishawaka, Ind.
• 2771 Lincolnway East, Mishawaka, Ind.
• 5704 Grape Road, Mishawaka, Ind.
• 1540 E. Market Street, Nappanee, Ind.
• 2010 N. Michigan Street, Plymouth, Ind.
• 2056 U.S. 31, Plymouth, Ind.
• 2505 North Oak Road, Plymouth, Ind.
• 101 McDonalds Drive, Rochester, Ind.
• 416 N. Michigan Street, South Bend, Ind.
• 1519 N. Ironwood Drive, South Bend, Ind.
• 1850 Lincolnway East, South Bend, Ind.
• 2001 S. Michigan Street, South Bend, Ind.
• 3221 Lincolnway West, South Bend, Ind.
• 3402 Portage Road, South Bend, Ind.
• 4711 S. Miami Street, South Bend, Ind.
• 5021 Western Avenue, South Bend, Ind.
• 52665 U.S. 31 North, South Bend, Ind.
• 902 S. Huntington Street, Syracuse, Ind.
• 1010 E. Waterford Street, Wakarusa, Ind.
• 801 Roosevelt Road, Walkerton, Ind.
• 315 N. Detroit Street, Warsaw, Ind.
• 3611 Commerce Drive, Warsaw, Ind.
• 600 N. U.S. 35, Winamac, Ind.
• 2020 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, Mich.
• 575 St. Joseph Road, Berrien Springs, Mich.
• 10280 Red Arrow Highway, Bridgman, Mich.
• 813 Front Street, Buchanan, Mich.
• 717 E. State Street, Cassopolis, Mich.
• 150 E. Ryno Road, Coloma, Mich.
• 652 Spruce Street, Dowagiac, Mich.
• 68889 M-62, Edwardsburg, Mich.
• 18881 La Porte Road, New Buffalo, Mich.
• 1203 11th Street, Niles, Mich.
• 2820 Niles Avenue, St. Joseph, Mich.
• 4661 Red Arrow Highway, Stevensville, Mich.
A volunteer application is available at www.fourwindsinvitational.com/volunteers. All selected volunteers must be at least 16 years of age prior to August 1 and are required to pay a $25 fee prior to August 1, which includes a Four Winds Invitational polo shirt, hat and one round of golf at Blackthorn Golf Club. Food and beverages will also be provided to volunteers on each day of service. Volunteers must complete nine total hours of service before receiving their free round of golf. For questions regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact Rich Love at (574)232-4653 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hospitality suites for up to 20 people are available for all three days of the tournament. These include 20 tickets and two VIP parking passes for each day of the tournament, eight tickets for a Meet the Players Party, unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks, a full-page ad in the event program and signage around the suite area. For more information on hospitality suites and for group sales, please contact Tim Firestone at (574)232-4653 or at email@example.com.
About the Four Winds Invitational
The Four Winds Invitational is a new tournament on the 2012 Symetra Tour — Road to the LPGA, sponsored by Four Winds Casino. It will be held from Friday, August 10 through Sunday, August 12, at Blackthorn Golf Club, located at 6100 Nimtz Parkway, South Bend, Ind. The tournament will feature a field of professional women golfers from around the world competing for a total prize of $150,000, making it the largest purse on the 2012 Symetra Tour. More information is available at: www.fourwindsinvitational.com.
# # #
Joshua Taustein for Four Winds, (312)780-7219, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paige Risser for the Pokagon Band, (269)462-4283, email@example.com
Meghan Flanagan for the LPGA, (386)274-6219, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Firestone for Blackthorn Golf Club, (574)232-4653, TFirestone@kitsonpartners.com