Cut the winter chill with a perfectly crafted soup topped with bread and melted cheese – it doesn’t get much better.
Our French Onion Soup at Copper Rock Steakhouse is an experience everyone should enjoy. While it is best when someone else does the cooking, you can enjoy our French Onion Soup in six simple steps.
8 Onions, Small Yellow and Sliced Thin
6 oz Unsalted Butter
2 Bay Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 Garlic Clove, Halved
2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 C Sherry Wine
2 Qt Beef Stock
1/2 C Olive Oil
1 lb Gruyere, Grated
1/2 lb Provolone, Sliced
Salt & Pepper
1. Slice onion thinly. Put onions into a large Dutch oven or pot, add butter and bring to medium – high heat on the stovetop. Cook for 25 minutes or until onions have caramelized and turned brown.
2. Add sherry wine to deglaze. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, chopped garlic, thyme and bay leaves.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half.
4. Add beef stock and stir. Cover and let soup simmer until baguette slices are ready.
5. Heat oven to 400°F. Slice baguette and place onto a baking sheet. Rub each side of the baguette slices with the halved garlic cloves and brush with olive oil. Cover each with gruyere and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the slices have a crouton crisp to them.
6. Discard bay leaves and spoon soup into an oven safe bowl and add in baguette slices. Top with provolone and gruyere cheese and place in preheated oven just to melt cheese. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed making our French Onion Soup! Was it a flop or a fabulous victory? Share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to enjoy the best soup handcrafted by the fabulous chefs of Copper Rock Steakhouse? Make reservations for our New Buffalo or South Bend location today.
Your email address and W♣ Card number will not be displayed with your comment.