Strawberries right off the vine are so juicy and flavorful it is a mesmerizing experience and makes us super excited for strawberry season this June! With so many local patches, you can find the freshest ingredients to indulge in. One of our favorite ways to use strawberries is a crumble. Crumbles are perfect for any after-dinner treat, coffee break, or the occasional breakfast.
4 Cups Strawberries, Quartered
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Sugar (depending on how sweet the strawberries are)
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
3 Tbsp. Cold Butter, Diced
1 Egg Yolk
Optional Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Heat the oven to 350°F
2. In a mixing bowl combine the strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch. Spoon the berry filling into four 8 OZ ramekins or a 1 Qt. baking dish.
3. Make the crumble topping. Add all crumble ingredients to a food processor.
4. Pulse a few times until mixture resembles pea-size crumbs and sprinkle it over the berry filling.
5. Place ramekins or baking dish onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is light brown.
6. Carefully remove from the oven and serve hot, warm, or cold.
Make this already delectable treat even better with Chef Brandon’s suggestion of a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Cooking Creations make new recipes a breeze to learn. Share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to email@example.com. Tune in to more Cooking Creations with Chef Brandon on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step by step videos.
Your email address and W♣ Card number will not be displayed with your comment.